Friday, June 6, 2014

Story opt the Day 5/ 29/ 2014


I am worried about my insurance company.
Well, not mine, I certainly don't own it, or even a part of it, but the one that provides health insurance to our family courtesy of my husband's employer.

I am not complaining. Oh no, I realize what a nice thing it is to have the health insurance as a benefit of the job- one that does not even require us to pay in an amount every month, or wouldn't except that we do pay a nominal amount for the addition of very insufficient dental coverage.

I am , however, worried.

You see, one of my kids saw a physician in December, and then in January, at St. Vincent's hospital.
Not in the hospital, but in their professional building.
The insurance company was a bit slow in paying, but , in April, they apparently did, because I received two different statements , one for each of the appointments, stating that there was no longer a balance due.

That is what I received from my insurance company.

I found out, when Laura, from the physician's office called me, yesterday that they had received two very different statements.
They had received statements from our insurance company that we didn't have coverage.
She was calling to see if I had a different insurance company I wanted them to send a bill to, or if I was going to pay the balance.
The balance being everything except for the copay amounts they got from me when we were in the office.

I located the folder where I keep the medical bills, and pulled out the statements.
I read her what they said and then I got her email address and took a photo of each page, well, two photos of each to be safe; and sent them to her.

I have a feeling that this is what we refer to , in our family, as a " start of a Story of the Day."

No comments: