Monday, August 11, 2014

Story of the Day 7/ 14/ 2014




My mother-in-law was buried, a bit over three weeks ago, in New york, in her family's plot.
There is a large stone over the plot with the last name of her parents, Spielman,
and a smaller stone for each parent that lies closer to the ground and has their individual information on it.

A bit more than week ago, I called the company that makes the headstones and asked them to send a photo of these, and of the plot as a whole, to me.
My father-in-law is trying to decide what to do for his wife's headstone;
and he wanted the photos to show to the rabbi , so he could get his advice.

When I spoke with Rosemary, at the headstone company, I gave her my email address and also that of my husband,
so that , even if one was wrong, it would get to us.
A few days went by,
then a week,
then another couple of days....
so, I called, again, today.

And Rosemary told me that she would send the photo and the cost estimate out by the end of today.
Which she did.

I received four pages from her.
A cover letter, two pages of pricing and the photograph.

My husband also received it.

At dinner, this evening, he thanked me for forwarding it to him.

"Oh, I didn't forward it, I gave the women both of our email addresses, just to make sure we got it."

There was a long silence.

My husband's eyebrows went up.

Rather sheepishly, he confided to me that he had written me a sweet email, complete with endearments ,for forwarding him the email.
Except, he didn't.

He hit "REPLY" and sent it...not to me , but to Rosemary.

So, somewhere in New York, Rosemary will be getting an email telling her what a sweet wife she is.
Signed with love, by my husband.

Hopefully, she wil take it the right way.

No comments: