Monday, December 26, 2016

Story of the Day 12/ 21/ 2016





On November 3rd, 2016, my son was rear-ended while he was stopped at a red light in Broad Ripple. He was on his way home from a late shift, and his car was pushed into the vehicle in front of him by the force of the impact. Thank G-d, no one was hurt, but the driver of the car that hit my son's car was arrested and got to spend a few days in jail. Apparently, his blood alcohol level was 0.21 and he had a passenger (who may have been minor) in the car.

After 3 weeks, my son's car was finally repaired. My son was slightly disappointed, because he had enjoyed driving the very fancy rental car around, but , c'est la vie.

That was Part one of the story, although, I am posting all of this as one story….but that was still part one. Part two occurred after Aaron returned the rental car. About a week afterwards… the rental company tried to insist that he owed them $500 for additional insurance that he had declined. I know he declined it, because he spoke with me about it, while he was renting the car, to make sure he was doing everything correctly.
Especially, since he was using my credit card.
He was very clear to Erica, at Enterprise, that he didn't want any coverage, since he had insurance. Oddly, now, they are pretending that he did. This was despite the fact that the woman who called to speak with him also couldn’t find the contract he had signed.

Today’s mail provided part three.

Part three occurred at about 7:20 PM. The mail probably showed up at about 5:30 ( we have very late delivery), and was brought in by my husband , when he returned from work.
There was a slight further delay in my opening it , because I was busy stuffing M&Ms into my mouth.

In the mail, was a notice from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles that they have suspended my license for 90 days.
They did this because because I did not file a Certificate of Coverage ( car insurance) with them, promptly.
You see, the car being driven was mine. My son has been driving it, and will be purchasing it from us, soon, but it is , currently, still mine.

Since it was well after 5, and our insurance agent's office was closed, the best I could do was yell, "F***! F***! F***" a few times.
I did this in sign language, to make sure that Sarah didn't miss it.

Then I went into my email and sent the insurance agent's office an email saying that I would be calling them in the morning. Oh, and I attached a copy of the letter from the BMV, and a copy of the COC that was filed...on November 7, 2016.

Electronically filed. Filed by our insurance agent.

Filed with the BMV that is insisting that it wasn't.


Apparently, I can now write to the BMV with my supporting documentation, and they will review the case within 30 days of receiving my missive.

Or, my insurance company can file a COC with them. There is no time frame, however, in that case for un-suspending my license. I would guess, however, that with their previously demonstrated level of competence, we might be looking at 30 days...or maybe, they handle that faster, so only a week to review it- with, of course, time off for Xmas...and New Years, and an added week to mail me the results of their review or re-receipt of the COC.

At any rate, I will not be buying groceries, tomorrow; I will not be dropping off my recycling; I will ,also, not be taking my daughter out to do practice driving for her license, or anything else.

And , by this time next week, I suspect that I will have become good friends with the taxi services in our town.......

No comments: