Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Story of the Day 6/ 28/ 2017




My son and I got to spend some quality time together, today. In our family, quality time can be translated as " time in the car."

Aaron's car had those nasty airbags that can explode with shrapnel, so , it was included in round 3 or 4 or 16 of the recalls; and today was the day for his car's airbags to be replaced. As a result, I got to drive him home, and then back to the dealership, today. Hey, it beats sitting there and watching really bad, uncaptioned TV for 4 hours.

On the way back to pick up his car, this afternoon, Aaron mentions that a friend of his told him that Gal Gadot, the actress playing Wonder Woman in the new movie, has a slight Israeli accent; and , as a result, the director had all of the actresses playing the roles of Amazons speak with similar Israeli accents. According to this friend, these fake accents were truly hideous.

My son, who works at a movie theater and has seen the film upwards of a dozen times, although, mostly in parts, told me that he had never noticed that she had any accent.

I managed to not choke for laughing; and I advised that the next time someone mentions it, he should respond that he hadn't noticed the subtleties of the accents, due to being deaf.

No comments: