Thursday, November 9, 2017

Story of the Day 10/ 18/ 2017 - The Saga of the car - part 2




I was at home, sitting at the computer and calling stores to find out where I could get a new battery put into Aaron's key fob.
Auto Zone. And they would do it for me, with a smile.

But, before I even had my purse in hand, the phone rang.
it was Aaron. he is in the parking lot at the dentist's office, and the car alarm is blaring. He turns it off, but wants to know what to do.
He doesn't want to sit down in the dentist's chair, and then have the car alarm go off , again.
I tell him that he needs to go into the dentist's office , that the world will ignore the car alarm for 15 minutes.
But he decides that he will leave the car door slightly ajar, to ward off the bad car-alarm fairy.

He also wants me to hurry and meet him at the dentist's to trade cars.
He is mortified that the car alarm will keep going off while he is working his shift at the movie theater.

I tell him, "No!"
Not because I have something against the patrons of the movie theater, but because it will take me to long to get to the dentist's office, and Aaron will end up late to work.
I tell him that I will meet him at the parking lot of the movie theater, before his shift, to trade cars.

Twenty-five minutes later, we trade cars and I take the noisy vehicle, which is being quiet, at the moment, and drop it off at John's.

John is our wonderful auto mechanic. He is wonderful for several reasons.
First , he is nearby.
This is important when you need your car towed from your driveway. It is also important , if you want your neighbor to give you a lift to go pick up your car, or from leaving it to be repaired.
Second, he is honest. He will tell you , if he can't figure something out. He will also tell you , if something is not worth repairing.
And, third , he stands by his repairs.

I should also add that he is pleasant, but that is really just a bonus item.

I drop the car off, even though John's is closed ( he is closed on Sundays and Mondays), on the street just north of his lost ( which is gated and locked) and leave the car doors unlocked and the key under the same mat that AAA had used to hide it , previously.
I am also nice enough to let John know exactly where the car and the key are. I also explain ( he does tend to answer his cell phone, when he is closed) what the car is doing to misbehave.

We are still sans one car. We are still not sure what is wrong with the car.
We are , however, sure where the car is, where the key is; and, at least, it is with someone we know will do a good job.

I am , in the meanwhile, fervently hoping that there is no Part 3 to the Saga of the Car.

No comments: