Sunday, March 6, 2011

Story of the Day 3 /4 /2011

I am part of my son’s routine. His stand up comedy routine.

I am sure you had already guessed this.

And I can’t blame him.
Not only that, but I gave him more material to work from when we went to the grocery store.
This was very convenient because my taking him to the grocery store is already part of one of his sets, so it will fit in nicely.

( to see what this is in reference to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP5ZFDrM0FE&feature=player_embedded#at=138 )


So, as you know , if you know me at all, I like a good bargain. I am always checking the sale ads for the grocery store, and on my way out, I usually stop at the spot where they dump the “ markdowns” . These can be things that were seasonal (Valentine’s candy in March), goods with damaged packaging , things that just weren't popular ( someone really thought those paper plates would sell?), and , of course, cans and boxes that are close to or out of date.

While looking through the markdowns I held up a box and asked Aaron " Hey, look what I found! Do you want me to get you a box? They are nice colors?”
I signed this, but I also spoke it really loudly, since he is deaf and he hears best that way when he is opting to go the hearing aid route and is not standing right near me.

Well, apparently, imitating me dong this is going to be part of his next set. And also my response to his query as to whether or not they were out of date.
I don’t’ know why. I mean, they were a really good buy for a package of 24 condoms, and as for being out-of-date, well, if they are, it would be kind of nice to be a grandmother……

No comments: