Sunday, June 12, 2011

Story of the Day 6/7/2011

Ely had a hard time understanding what I was telling him.
Aaron is now dressing differently.
Okay, Aaron has always dressed differently, after all, how many 6’3” nice Jewish boys who are straight wear fluffy pink bathrobes? And Hawaiian print shirts with checked shorts and socks with sandals and think they are well dressed, and…..

But by differently, I mean that he has now decided to wear a dress shirt, you know, one of those things with a collar and buttons, and a tie and dress pants, every day. Every day means for all occasions, like sitting on the sofa and reading, and going to the grocery store, and walking around the neighborhood. He did keep one pair of overalls for digging in the garden, but that is it.
Dressed up means along sleeved shirt. And that shirt and tie are on top of his tzitzit- and it has been 92 degree Fahrenheit.

I never said he was smart.

I did tell Ely that I , over his objections, bought him two short sleeved whit4e shirts, but he hasn’t worn tem , yet. Maybe he is waiting for it to be 100 degrees.

At any rate, I should have realized what Ely’s next question would be, “What did he do with his clothes?”
“He got rid of them.”
”You let him get rid of them?”
Ely was appalled, he was sure that he could use some of the pants and t-shirts.
Ely breathed a sigh of relief when I said that the stuff was not quite all gone from the house, yet.
“But, Ely, Aaron is 6’3”!”
“Well, I’ve put on some muscle mass, and some weight. I now wear a size medium t-shirt.”

”Yes and Aaron wears an extra large. A large doesn’t’ cover his belly button!”

“Oh. But we have the same waist size.”
"No you don’t!”
”Yes we do, I have put on some weight! I can wear a 30, now.”
Okay, a 34 is not really bigger than a 30, if you have a good belt…. A very good belt. And maybe some suspenders.....
But…
“But Ely, Aaron is 6’3”.”
”Yeah. And.”

I hate to tell Ely this, but Ely is all of 5’5”…….

But I did promise to bring the two pairs of blue jeans that he is tossing ( the ones Sarah didn’t’ want) when we come to visit, in a couple of weeks……….They may need some minor alterations……

Remind me to take my camera.

Aaron has emailed :
"Minor" alterations? I think Ely will need to wear some stilts with them.
\
Giggle.

Love,

Aaron

No comments: