Monday, June 13, 2011

Story of the Day 6/8/2011

Rice.
Dinner was salmon with a brown sugar, orange juice and soy sauce glaze, roasted asparagus, a salad of strawberries, romaine, and walnuts, and rice.
And Sarah was eating the rice.
With her fingers.

I am used to this behavior from Aaron. In addition to his famous pink bathrobe that he cannot be separated from, he eats with his fingers. He eats rice with his fingers, he eats scrambled eggs with his fingers, he has even tried eating soup with his fingers.
We all groan, and threaten him that no one will ever go out on a second date with him, but nothing seems to help.

But Sarah, who often cajoles Aaron for this behavior, was now eating her rice with her fingers.

I used my Aaron line on her, “No one is ever going to go on a second date with you!”

“That is okay, I don’t want to date anyone.”

“Well, but what about a job interview.”
She looked at me for along moment and replied, “ I will tell them I am on a diet and I cannot eat the rice. “

Being the high class mother that I am , I replied, “ Either that or that it makes your poop look funny.”

Sarah smiles and says, “Exactly!”

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I use a spoon for rice, but spaghetti tastes better when you use your fingers.

Cassia Margolis said...

i am suspicious that they were totally aware of it and were just planning on flunking her...but also opted to avoid having to confront and deal with her.