Friday, July 6, 2012

Story of the Day 6/ 5/ 2012 part 2




A couple of hours later, we get the call.
It will be $470.
For the new starter.
I cringe. I groan, audibly.
The woman tells me they have some coupons online.
I check.
I can get $30 off.

This is painful.

I start calling a couple of places that have good reviews.
Now that I am home and can use the internet and .....
The first place tells me it will be $294.
And $55 to get it towed to them.
Even my addled brain can do the math.
This is better..

The second place tells me it will be $219. and $65 dollars to get it towed to them.
Let me see.....$219 and $65....sounds even better.
I get the number for the two towing services that they use.
The first auto place, the one that has Carla, is closing soon. I tell the tow guy what time they open. He says he will pick Carla up, in the morning.

That was yesterday.
It is actually now Tuesday, I think it is Tuesday.
Yes, I am pretty sure it is Tuesday.
It is Tuesday June 6th.
Hopefully, I know where my children are.

This morning, the car place that wanted $470 calls.
My phone hasn't gotten this much use in at least 3 years. At least, not for phone calls.
The tow guy is there.
The man from the car repair place asks me, " What was the name of the other place? What did they quote me? Maybe we can match it. Didn't the lady tell me they would price match? "

I said, "No, she told em you would take a coupon, but that didn't' make enough of a difference."

They match it. Well, almost, it will be 15 cents more.
Although it will really be $65 less, because I do not have to pay the tow guy. I ask to speak with him. Him being the tow guy.

"What should I do?"
"Get it fixed here, if there will match the price. I have had to tow things back to the place you wanted it taken, because they sometimes use used parts and there are problems."
"Thanks."
I tell the car place to fix it.
And I ask to speak to the tow truck driver, again.

" What do I owe you?"
He says, "Nothing."
"But you went all the way out there, this morning."
"It wasn't' far and I didn't' hitch the car up or anything. Don't' worry."

I am not worried.
I am carless, since Larry needed a car for work, and Aaron and Sarah needed to go to school, but I am not worried.


For the moment.
But I am still wondering how old the battery is.

Maybe I should check , before my phone rings again.

No comments: