Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Story of the Day 12/ 24/ 2013




Apparently, my main purpose in lfe is providing comic material for my son's stand up routine.

This evening, Aaron was eating a cookie.
First, I almost had to yell at him to sit down.
This has been a constant refrain of mine, for years, "Sit down when you eat!"

But I did have to say one of my other major lines, "Slow down!"

My son, all 6 foot 3 inches, or maybe 2, depending on who is measuring, can down a 5 inch diameter iced cookie in less than 3 seconds.
That is, if he is not caught, in time, by those words hurled from my lips.

Today, however, for the benefit of his older brother, who was sitting at the table, I added, " Listen, he is my only chance for grandchildren, so I have to work on his table manners or he will never have a chance at a second date."
Aaron, who had slowed down a bit, and was between bites, said, "You see, that is all that I am good for. I will have to tell women, on the first date, 'I am my mother's only hope for grandchildren!'"
And he gave a slightly overblown grimace.

My other son, Ely, then remarked, "You can forget aout the grandchildren!"

No comments: