Friday, May 9, 2014

Story of teh Day 7/ 2/ 2013 #2



Sarah and I have a list of chores for the day.
One of them is to stop at the Apple store in the fancy northeast side mall. A place that normally causes us to break out in hives, but Sarah is approaching the start of college and there is this big item necessity, a laptop, that we will need to purchase.

Now, it might be fine and dandy for most people to look and pick things like this out on the internet, but we have questions.
We have the kinds of questions that caused Sarah to email a professor to ask what they recommended, which laptops would work well with the programs they would need to use for civil engineering.
And we have questions bout her hobbies; will such a laptop support moviemaking?
And we have questions about screen size.
So, going and bothering a real live person, now that she is fairly certain she wants a Mac, is the next step.

But that is stop number 2.

Stop number one is the Good Earth.
If you are not from Indianapolis, you will think this is the title of a book ( one that I actually enjoyed, even though it was assigned reading in high school.)
In fact, however, if you live in Indianapolis, it is the natural foods store. Not "a", "the".

Whole Foods is the sanitized, yuppie version and Trader Joes is a slightly less pretentious and more than slightly better priced "Whole Foods"- so , yes, I would also describe it as a yuppie version.
The Good Earth is the place where you go if you really want organic peanut butter and red lentils and to buy your spices and grains weighed out into bags.
And The Good Earth is in Broad Ripple, so it has been shoved down to our second stop, and the Apple Store has been shoved down to our third stop because .....Yats is there.

And Yats has several excellent vegetarian and vegan meals that are...beyond excellent.

So, I called , this morning, at 10:35.
You can't call before 10:30 and be sure that they know what they are cooking.
I asked, "Are you having the spinach mushroom etoufee' , today?"
And the young man who hard answered said, "Yes, we will.'

And , as I always do, when I get that answer, I replied, "I love you!"

Usually, that gets a "Thanks"
I am sure they hear this kind of thing often from their grateful fan base, but they always manage to be polite about it.

Today, however, he responded, "I love you more!"

But he is wrong, as I said, " I doubt that is possible!"
After all, my love is magnified by my hunger.

No comments: