Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Story of the Day 1/ 26/ 2009


I thought wrong.
I thought that the theme for yesterday was gift certificates, but that is wrong. Gift certificates are the theme for today.


Today , Aaron got a gift certificate. From a woman.

She had helped him with his order. Well, with his messed up order. She got him a refund. And then she gave him a gift certificate with some money on it, because of all the trouble he went through. The trouble was the hour she spent with him trying to get the order fixed.
Aaron was a bit relieved it was from a woman.
I know this because he didn’t try to give the gift certificate to me.

Of course, that might also be because this certificate was for a bookstore.

Then, my husband got an apology in the mail.
Land’s End apologized that his order was shipped late and didn’t get to him by December 25th. So, they enclosed a gift certificate to make it up to him.
Of course, my husband didn’t really care if the shirt arrived before December 25th, which has no significance to us. But then, they couldn’t see his kippah when he placed his order over the internet.

He also didn’t’ offer his gift certificate to me.

I must be losing my touch.

No comments: