Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Story of the Day 1/ 31/ 2009

MY son interviewed me. For the radio.
I was his second choice.
Actually, I wasn’t even in the running- I just became the fall -back position.
For his radio and TV class, they had to do an interview- for the radio. That is just in case I didn’t’ ,make myself clear.
So, Aaron being Aaron (and he finds it rather hard to be anyone else) decided to interview Sarah.


I asked him, “are you going to ask her to use her voice?”
"No.”
Not that anyone on the radio would understand what she was saying, but , at home, away from all those judgemental Hearing people, she does use her voice quite a bit.

“Do you want me to interpret what she is saying?”
“No.”

He did , however, want me to interpret what he was saying.
So, , the interview went something like:“Hello, this is Aaron Margolis-Greenbaum. I am here today with a Deaf teenager. Would you like to introduce yourself?”

“Tell me, at what age did you become Deaf?”

“Where do you go to school?”

“Do you like music.”

I think you get the idea.

Of course, I am Aaron’s mother. So, I had to throw a wrench into the works.

“Aaron, don’t’ you think you should have some sort of a back up, in case your teacher doesn’t’ see the humor in this and gives you an F?”
Since it was now Sunday night, and all the other options weren’t available, I became the, “in case his teacher doesn’t have a sense of humor interviewee……..

I am waiting to hear about the rest of this story…..

No comments: