Thursday, March 5, 2009

Story of the Day 3/ 5/ 2009

Today is a serial killer kind of a day.

You know, the kind where first you want to kill one of your teenagers, and then you want to kill the other one.
Of course, you have to wait in line, because they are busily trying to kill one another.
To the point where, darn it, I had to act like an adult , which is stretching it at the best of times; and separate them; AND send them off to time out.

Which didn’t’ go very smoothly.
Sarah insisted on not going.
I told her, “I am going to count to 5, and if you don’t go, you are grounded.”Of course, she wanted to know what being grounded entailed. So, I had to get creative.
“No computer!”
“No internet and no TV for 2 weeks!!”
It has been so long since I’ve had to put her in time out, that I forgot what threats I use.

Not that I follow through.
My brain is semi-functional on a good day, so two days after the grounding has started, I have forgotten about it.
Esther used to implore her siblings, “Don’t remind mom that I am grounded!”

Of course, as I am counting and Sarah is slowly moving her butt off to Time Out, she is waving towards Aaron and saying “Doesn’t he have to go, too?” To which I ‘m counting and answering, at the same time” Yes, I will deal with him as soon as you are out of here!”
Luckily, he had already heard what the penalty was.

So, tempers have cooled off a bit.
I believe that is the reason for Time Out- so my temper calls and I don’t’ actually kill them.

And Sarah is refusing to speak to Aaron, who in normal Aaron fashion, is more than ready to apologize.
So, Aaron gets creative and calls her through video relay. Sitting n the same room.
Aaron trying to speak with the relay operator, and Sarah having to take the damn call.
Of course, she wouldn’t’ answer, so I had to , and then tell eth operator to hold while I signed to her to get her butt over to the webcam.
Sigh.

Another day at the Margolis/Greenbaum household.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh, damn, I wanna be a relay operator!

Cassia Margolis said...

well, u cd call her, on Sunday!!(and pretend u r one.)