Thursday, August 26, 2010

Story of the Day 8/25/2010

I didn’t’ know there was a litmus test for friends, but apparently there is. However, it only works if you are Deaf.

Sarah told me that it is not 100% foolproof, but almost.

In Sarah’s Biology class, the textbook noted how something that is scientific can be tested. Well, this is definitely science because it is being tested repeatedly.

Many times, people will come over to Sarah and start speaking to her.
Sarah’s response to this is to pull out a notepad and to write them a note that says, “I am deaf. I cannot hear you. What did you want to say to me?”

If the person then says, “I am so sorry!” That person will not become a friend. Period.

Sarah has also noticed second interesting scientifically testable point.

If the person then exaggeratedly says to her “Can you read my lips?” Sarah will respond by shaking her head and mouthing the word, “No.”

At this point, without exception, the person asking this question looks disappointed, says, in a dejected voice, “Oh”, and turns and walks away.

Obviously, this has tested their intelligence, or lack thereof.
Despite the fact that Sarah now knows what to expect as a result of this second test, she is always amazed. Amazed that there are so many stupid Hearing people.

No comments: