Sunday, April 3, 2011

Story of the Day 3/29/2011

And this story only peripherally has any of my children in it…..

I was drawing, this evening, at Herron.
Tuesday and Thursday evenings is the alumni drawing group, so I have to go and pretend I am an alumna.
Okay, not really, because about half the people are not. As long as you put in your $5, they don’t’ care if your degree is from a cooking school or from someplace in the Bahamas that was also mostly concerned with what you paid.
Actually, it would be nice of there were some cooking school graduates, or better yet, students to bring in stuff for us to try…..


At any rate, one woman asked me if I had lost weight.
I said, "No, I wish!"
And she said, "Well, you look thinner."
I replied, “ It is probably just that these clothes are baggier than what I was wearing the last time you saw me. And I can't blame my son, whose hand-me-downs are often the source of my attire. These pants were $8, and comfortable, so I didn’t' care that they only size they had left was two sizes too large."
She then asked me if I care what I look like/wear.
Perhaps I should have been insulted that she thought I looked so bad. On the other hand, maybe I should have been thrilled that she hadn’t asked me that sooner.
I said, " When I get dressed up, yeah, otherwise, I figure clothes have two purposes- keeping me warm and keeping me from getting arrested."

I am not sure why she thought this was funny.

1 comment:

Larry said...

You are a funny wife!