Monday, April 11, 2011

Story of the Day 4/ 8/ 2011

My son is upset with me.
I made plans for him for this Sunday.

I saw an article in the Jewish Federation newsletter. The butler University Hillel has several social outreach programs and they welcome community volunteers.
And Aaron is looking for a college, and I am looking for a daughter-in-law, and I did notice that there seemed to be a lot of nice smiling young ladies in the group picture.
Well, it wouldn’t hurt!
So, I emailed the group’s president. I wouldn’t’ have done that except that there were no activities posted on their website’s calendar.
And she emailed me back about a bagel brunch this Sunday, with a speaker.
And it doesn’t start until noon, which with my son the unemployed college dropout means that it fits perfectly into a hole in his schedule.

I presented it to Aaron as a “ so you could see if they have a nice Jewish group on campus and maybe , if you feel comfortable go for a campus tour, later!” When my son ( correctly) heard, “ You could go meet a nice Jewish girl!?”


Of course, he argued, “It wont’ be kosher.”
“So drink some orange juice!”

He is still angry with me.

However his younger sister Sarah ( who only heard the words I actually said , about looking at the college ( of course, I signed them, since she cant’ actually hear anything) got all excited and told Aaron that she wants to go with him.

No comments: