Thursday, April 14, 2011

Story of the Day 4/ 11/ 2011

I was sure my husband had misheard.

On Saturday, he told me that Aaron wants to attend a yeshivah program in Israel.
Aaron?
But, Aaron confirmed this, to me, several hours later.

I was still trying to wrap my mind around this sudden change of…son, when, last night, Aaron asked me if they have stand up in Israel.
“I am sure they do. In Hebrew.”
”Oh. Well, I suppose I could learn a lot of knock knock jokes.


”Aaron, there are a lot of Americans and ex-Americans there. I am sure there is a bar that has stand up in English.”
”Oh good.”
”But I don’t’ think the yeshivah will allow you to do that. It is in a bar.”
”But yeshivahs promote drinking., I mean think about Purim and Simhat Torah and even Passover with the 4 cups of wine!”
“But to drinking in a mixed gender bar where men are hitting on women and women are flirting and dressing immodestly!”

I am waiting for him to respond, “But I could do it at a gay bar!”

In the meanwhile, he is rethinking the yeshivah program.

2 comments:

ely said...

thank goodness

Cassia Margolis said...

and we had to inform him that Israel frowns on smoking pot. as in go to jail go directly to jail.