Friday, November 16, 2012

Story of the Day 11/ 6/ 2012




Today's Story of the Day was written by a guest contributor- my daughter, Sarah:




Today, during lunch period, I was eating my tuna sandwich and a sub teacher walked by the table where I was sitting. She babbled something to a staff member. The sub teacher is an exceptional woman who loves wearing bright red lipstick…every single day.


The sub teacher abruptly terminated her conversation with the staff member and bent her body toward the dirty floor where kids often litter their food. She was so close to the floor that if I were her, I would be able to see pixels in the picture on the ID that had been dropped there and which had caught her attention.



Finally, she stood up and asked me, “Is that your ID?” I looked down to see the ID lying on the floor.



I nearly choked.



I shook my head. The sub teacher apologized and said, “Oh sorry. I thought it was your ID. It looked like you. I guess it is not your ID.”



I smiled.



The sub teacher left. The staff person frantically tried to cover her mouth with her hand before laughing.



Unfortunately, the person in the ID did not look like me because the kid in the picture was an Africa-American…and a boy.

2 comments:

DaCanon said...

Wow - They certainly do employ the finest and the brightest, ehh?? :-D

Cassia Margolis said...

never a truer comment.