Sunday, June 14, 2009

Story of the Day 6/ 11/ 2009

I learn a lot of things from my kids.
Some of them are even things I can repeat in public.

At lunch, today, Aaron and Cindie were discussing TV series. Specifically, the different Star Trek series that have been playing on TV for …decades.
Aaron said, “ I can’t believe they changed the theme music in ‘The Enterprise’ they replaced it with the Patch Adams music.”
Cindie thought for a moment and said, “Gee, you’re right.”
I have no idea what the Patch Adams’ music is. I know that Esther has a Patch Adams tee shirts that she bought at Goodwill and that Patch Adams was a movie, but I haven’t seen it-
Still, I was startled to hear that someone would monkey with the Star Trek theme music.
And then I realized the source of this information.
“Aaron, how do you know that?”
Forgive me, but I couldn’t’ believe my deaf son had figured this out by himself. Not unless there was some Twilight Zone music playing in the background a little too quietly for my hearing aid to pick up.
“My manager at the movie theater told me.”
I didn’t ask the next obvious question. “Why do you care , if you can’t hear it?” I was afraid of the answer.

No comments: