Monday, June 15, 2009

Story of teh Day 6/ 15/ 2009

I had a moment of inspiration.
My children, Aaron and Sarah, had announced they were leaving for the gym in 25 minutes; and I had gone into the laundry room to start folding laundry.
That is when the inspiration hit.
I took a couple of armloads of the clean stuff and dumped it onto the two arm chairs in the dining room.

“Laundry time! You have to help me fold for 10 minutes.”
This was met with stunned disbelief by those same two teenagers who were planning on sweating their asses off at the gym. Can I help it is they think of laundry as being hard.
Hard?
That was the look I gave them.

They gave in.
Reluctantly.
A few minutes later, my husband, cowed by this situation, joined us.
I watched the wonderful speed at which those stacks of folded clothes and towels were growing, and I exclaimed:
“ Isn’t it great that you are all helping me with the laundry?”

Oddly, no one responded in agreement.
Well, they are deaf; they must not have heard- even though I signed it.

No comments: