Sunday, June 14, 2009

Story of teh Day 6/ 6/ 2009

Story of the Day 6/6/2009

Stories come in many forms. Versions, retellings.
When my high school fried, Mike , was here, my children got to hear about an episode I have recounted to them, retold from his point of view.
On Shabbat, over Kiddush lunch, I got to hear another version, point of view of a story I had heard from Aaron.
Aaron was in San Francisco. This was 2 years ago, when he was attending film program at the Academy of Art.
While there, he went to a parade the school had a float in. It was the gay pride parade.
Everyone was very friendly and he had a good time. Also, a lot of people stopped and hugged him.
Only , later, did I think to ask him what he had been wearing.

Some people think faster than others.
Okay, faster than I do, is what I really mean.

Aaron called Ethan, right after the parade, to tell him about it.
After describing everyone’s friendliness to him, Ethan immediately asked, “Were u wearing your astronaut T-shirt?”
That is the one with a row of astronauts in moon suits holding boom boxes on their shoulders. And each astronaut is in a different rainbow hue.
I also learned some new information.
I mean, in addition to the fact that it doesn’t take everyone two days to ask the question of what tee shirt he was wearing.
Aaron told Ethan they were handing out lots of free condoms- and he had gotten bunch.
Ethan asked if he had gotten life time supply.

I don’t’ remember Aarons;’ response, but now I know that he can get more from the Health Center, if he has run out…..

No comments: