Monday, October 26, 2009

Story of the Day 10/ 23/ 3009

I was at the Art Center.
Drawing.
That is what I do on Friday mornings, if I am lucky.
If I am unlucky, the session ( open studio- figure drawing, painting- which means a model and no instructor- a place for those of us who like to drawn naked people go…) has filled. The last session didn’t, and I was left with nothing to do on Friday mornings except clean my bathrooms. That was very painful. Although, I had nice clean bathrooms.

Right now, my bathrooms are not that clean, but I am happier.

So, I was at the Art Center. Drawing. And my phone vibrated in my pocket.
Occasionally, when I am very focused I either don’t’ notice it, or I get so startled that I practically fall off my horse. Yes, my horse. That is the wooden bench that many art folks use to sit on and prop their drawing board against when they draw.

Today, I was not so very focused. Probably a combination effect of only having had 2 cups of coffee, so far, and having a somewhat boring model. At any rate, I was less focused and I both managed to notice it vibrating and managed to not fall off the horse.
So far, so good.

It was my son.

I figured that it couldn’t be equal to the emergency calls of two days ago, when he was wandering lost in the bowels of Indianapolis, but, none-the-less, I hurried out of the room to take the call.
Well, heck, I do kind of like the boy.

He had some odd remark about what time he was leaving to come home.
“Come home? You are coming home?”
I mean, it is not like I was upset or anything, but he had told me he wasn’t coming home for fall break. And fall break started today.
Not that he doesn’t’ love me or anything, but he had some video project he was working on and…..
“What about the video project?”

“Oh, that is what we did on Wednesday.”
Great. Fine, whatever. And I realize I haven’t defrosted enough food for dinner.
“Drive carefully!”

Later, when he is home, and I am home and I have hugged him a few times and tried to feed him, he admits that he was going t stay at college over the weekend, anyhow, but then he realized that everyone else was leaving.

Oh well, I will be happy with the crumbs.

No comments: