Monday, September 27, 2010

Story of the Day 9/21/2010

Please don’t tell Esther.
I mailed Aaron a present, today.
She will not be jealous, that is not the problem.
You see, Aaron lost his cell phone.
Again.
At least, this time, he didn’t lose his wallet. But it is hard to keep track of your cell phone ( and your wallet) if you wear shorts whose pockets gape open overtime you sit down.

There were a few possible solutions to this.

We could buy him another cell phone, get him another driver’s license, cancel the credit cards, kiss the cash good-bye. But having just done that, last month, I thought we should investigate the other solutions.

He could wear other shorts. You know, cargo shorts that have pockets that do not allow things to easily slide out every time you sit down or stand up.
But Aaron is rather attached to his multicolored patchwork , and his Hawaiian themed shorts.

A purse. Aaron could carry a purse. Well, we could call it a messenger bag or something like that.
Maybe one of those cool woven Guatemalan ones?

Or a fanny pack!

And I just happened to have a brand new one of those- well, brand new from Goodwill, sitting in my closet.
So , I boxed it up and mailed it to him.

And texted him.
And , Aaron being Aaron, texted and thanked me for sending it to him.

But when Esther finds out, she is going to kill me!
She would have preferred I sent him a purse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!

Cassia Margolis said...

Thanks for reminding me to ask him if he has been using it.....obviously he wasn't when she took his recent profile picture...

Cassia Margolis said...

aaron says it has been hanging up in his room and peopel have been making fun of it, so he hasn't had teh courage to wear it yet.......