Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Story of The Day 9/7/2010

Another day, another story.
Sarah came home from school today, I bet you knew that this story would start that way, didn’t you?
Sarah came home from school today, and told me that today was the day the interpreter was evaluated. The evaluator, a woman, sat through three of Sarah’s classes: English, Geography and Geometry.
The interpreter made several errors, although, she was not heavily taxed because there were no complicated lectures, today.
Sarah said that the highlight of the day was when the interpreter signed “vertical angle”. Sarah looks at me and says” What is the sign for vertical angle?”
I thought and said, “I don’t’ know of a sign for it.”

She said, “That is right, it is finger spelled,” which she knows because she was taught about vertical angles when she attended the Deaf School.
“Well, M----- ( the interpreter) made up a sign. “
Sarah showed it to me.
“ And it is rude and has something to do with sex, although, I am not sure exactly what .”

Thank God!

Addendum - okay, I lied, at the very end of the story. Sarah does know what that sign means. But I didn’t’ teach it to her!

No comments: