Thursday, October 6, 2011

Story of the Day 10/4/2011




Aaron is lying down for his first nap of the day.

I am supposed to be someplace else, but I am stuck at home being itchy and red and puffy.
That is because I have hives. I have all sorts of fun allergies.

So here I was when Aaron came home and decided to take his first nap of the day. This is the post-morning-services-before-yeshivah-class nap.
Later, he will take a post morning classes nap. Then, if he is lucky, he will get in a pre-dinner nap.
But only if he is lucky.

He got a blanket and set up a pillow and lay down on the sofa in the family room.
I asked him if he wanted me to wake him.
He told me, “No, I will leave my hearing aid on so that I can hear the clock.”
We have a clock that strikes the half hour and counts off the hour.
I told him, “That is smart, because I will forget to wake you.”

It is definitely safer for him to leave his one hearing aid on, even though he is deaf, and “listen” for the clock.
At least I know my shortcomings.

2 comments:

Simcha the Story Teller said...

I thought the first nap of the day was after morning shiur in the yeshiva, but regardless of the details I love that photo!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog
malwkafashion.blogspot.com