Sunday, October 2, 2011

Story of the Day 9/ 28/ 2011

It is almost Rosh Hashanah – the Jewish New Year, and I am being inundated with bras.
And they are not even my own.
I have a cousin who lives in a rest home and she needs bras.
I went to visit her , yesterday, and the director pulled me aside and let me know that my cousin only had two bras and they were both worn out.
Since I had taken her shopping and bought her bras- more than two, 6 months ago, and a few others last fall, and I started to wonder what had happened, and then I realized that she had moved, recently and perhaps a box had gone astray.

I took my cousin out to the only store in her area that has bras, Wal-Mart, and we looked and looked and looked, and only found two black lace bras that were her size.
I promised my cousin that I would look for some bras to send her from Indianapolis- since Indianapolis has more than one store that carries bras.

So, today, since I was driving pasta different store, I went in, and they happened to have two more bras in her size. Also black lace.
I went to pay for them and the woman looked at the boxes she was ringing up, and then she looked at me, and she asked if I was dressing up as something interesting for Halloween.
I wasn’t, but since I am, smallish, at least relatively small busted, and wearing khakis and a plaid shirt and since these were black lace bras in size 54 DD, I can understand her question.


But there is the other bra. The one I have volunteered to sew.

As you know, my son, Aaron- yes the one with the hearing aids and the pink bathrobe, likes to do stand up comedy.
One of his regular joints- I mean venues, is a comedy club/bar in Carmel, a fancy city north of Indianapolis.
Carmel is the sort of city that is having some trouble convincing themselves that there has been a downturn in the economy and that there might possibly be a need to cut some of the budget from their multi-multi million dolor arts center or civic center or whatever it is.
At any rate, the place, the comedy club, not Carmel, has a burlesque night. All of the performers are expected to wear……ummmmmm bra like things.
And Aaron doesn’t’ want to miss a chance to perform.
So, I might be sewing a bra for him.

In the meanwhile, he is going to ask the rabbi if it is all right to do this, in his new , sober, tell no dirty jokes, religious phase.
Ahem, sorry, maybe it is not a phase.
I told him he could tell the rabbi he will wear super dark sunglasses to perform and since the place is dimly lit, he would not see anything risqué- or at least not any more risqué than himself in a bra.

Addendum:
Aaron has decided not to ask the rabbi about this.
I think this is a very good decision.

I was also mistaken, he is thinking about doing this in a different comedy club than his usually place……

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Probably the rabbi would say he's only allowed to wear a bra on Purim. Or at such time as he is old enough & saggy enough to need one. Most likely, I will be dead by then and will never need to know.

Cassia Margolis said...

You mean u dont' want me to post pictures? I mean if he does the stand up.....

Lynne said...

Oh, pics now are fine. I just don't want to see him when he's old & saggy. :P