Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Story of the Day 11/28/2011.

Aaron caught a mouse.

Please note, I did not say that the mouse trap that the rabbi provided him with or the one that he bought caught the mouse, although both were involved.

Aaron was in the room when the dear little rodent became stuck in the sticky trap.
Aaron may be a slow learner, but he already knows that it was going to be just a minute or two before the creepy little rodent, I mean" dear little mouse" unstuck itself, so he threw the trap, with the mouse still attached, into the Nike box trap that belongs to the rabbi who is in charge of the dorm.
Then, he carefully carried the entire thing downstairs and outside and set the mouse free.

When he finished, Aaron walked back upstairs to his room.

I have ascertained from this description that this entire exercise has been arranged by the rabbi., the rabbi of the kinder and gentler mouse trap, to keep the creepy little rodents, I mean the "dear little mice" well fed by the students, and to provide the students with exercise , keeping them jumping up and running downstairs to "free' the mice, instead of spending their time just sitting at their desks studying.

I gently explained to Aaron, in my response to the email in which he told me how he had brilliantly caught and released the rodent, that the rodent was going to immediately make it's way back to it's nest, only that now it was a well-fed rodent and had the energy to make more little rodents.

Sigh.

I hope the package of mouse traps I sent him gets there soon.

No comments: