Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Story of the Day 5/ 28/ 2012




Ely called to thank me.

For the shower cap.
You know, one of those plastic bubble things that pop on over your hair to protect your locked from getting wet when you shower.
It arrived in a small envelop from ....China.

It seemed like a rather extravagant thing, I suppose, to have ordered such small gift sent from so far away.
It made me sound sweet.
Eccentric...but also at least a little sweet.

The problem is that I did not send it.
I didn't even order it and ask to have it sent.
Not even on ebay, which has become my source for very cheap gifts. $2 ties and $1 purses.

I am sweet- but cheap.

Except, I am really very sure it wasn't me. As far as I know, I have never ordered a shower cap from ebay or from anywhere else.

I think that Ely was still suspicious that the shower cap was from me.
Maybe not on purpose.
Maybe I had ordered him another tie and the company had messed up and sent this shower cap along, instead.

Except that all of the sudden, Ely looked at the envelop again and realized that it was addressed to him using his first name
Something I never do when I order things for him.
I always use his middle name.
He uses his first name.

And he is reasonable sure that he

did not order a shower cap for himself.

And since he is not me, he is actually even more than reasonably sure.

In the meanwhile, if anyone out there has ordered a shower cap sent to Ely, and wants to be thanked, you should probably let him know that it was from you.
By way of China.

No comments: