Sunday, June 10, 2012

Story of the Day 5/ 8/ 2012 #2




My son needs to get registered for a writing class. It starts in a month.
So far, I 've had to find out when it was offered.
Somehow, my brilliant 21 year old son who was raised with computers wasn't abel to figure out where the websiet hid that information.

While I was looking that up for him, and emailing it to him, I also checked which textbooks were required, and if they were available at a better price on the internet. I checked Amazon and Half price books and Half.com.
They were.
I sent him the link for that, as well.

That was last week.

Today, he was supposed to actually register for the class.

Things were going very well.
Until I came back from buying milk and toothpaste, this morning, and found he wasn't able to figure out how to register for it, on the website.

But I had students to teach, and to prepare for, so, instead of looking it for him, I told him to call the college.

Aaron is deaf. He can use a voice telephone if it has a good amplification system, and if he is actually wearing his hearing aids and paying close attention.
It isn't perfect, but it can be done.

He was on the phone for a while and I asked him if he was on hold.
He told me he thought so.
He handed me the headset.
I listened. My hearing is also not the greatest, but after about 35 seconds I decided that what I was hearing might be hold music.
Might be.
Who knows.

My son said,"I called so I could listen to the music."
Okay, it must be music.

One of the other joys that hearing aid wearers have is not being able to figure out what those automated voice things are saying.
At any rate, I walked away hoping that was in fact the hold music.

Otherwise, I will have to figure this out for him when class is over.

Mine, not the one that starts in June.

No comments: