Friday, June 29, 2012

Story of the Day 6/4/2012 Addendum




After paying a second time for classes, my son is registered and has successfully started classes at Ivy Tech.

A second time meaning that the classes have now cost us double, until such time as the original payment is refunded to us.

This brings several things to mind:

Gratitude.
I am grateful that our charge card can handle this additional payment.
I realize that many other students and families' plans would have been sunk by this glitch.

Pessimism.
I am not optimistic that the refund will come anytime soon. And probably not without us making several calls to the school over the summer.

False advertising.
Yes, false advertising.
Remember Aaron's video- Charlie Goes to College?

Well, the theme for the Ivy Tech competition was " Making College More Affordable."

The last thing is "relief".
Okay, that is the next to last thing.
The last thing is this nagging worry...I mean, tomorrow can't be any worse.
Can it?



1 comment:

Cassia Margolis said...

The first payment was from a college savings account we started when we lived in Ohio. The account showed the money was successfully transferred.
The school, however, felt differently.
The second payment was on the charge card- partly because there was no week for the money transfer since it had to be that morning...actually, within two hours.
Since only one of the charges was on the card, we have to wait for the money from the savings account to be refunded.
Did I explain that well enough? Let me know if I was confusing/confused...well, more than normal.....