Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Story of the Day 8/ 6/ 2012




This story takes place at the Indian Blood Center on North Meridian Street.
That is where Larry and Aaron went to give blood , this morning.

I went also, but apparently, I just went to drink coffee and eat cookies because they decided I was just a tad too anemic and apparently I need to go eat some dead animals...or chug some iron pills over the next couple of days, and then go back and try again.

When I go back, I will donate blood and Aaron will eat the cookies.
Though, he ate enough for two visits, as it was.

Hopefully, they actually don't mind that he ate at least three meals worth of cookies. He ate several packages of Famous Amos, only two of Grandma's ( they weren't nearly as good) a few Oreo packages and he drank some Sierra Mist.

He is a growing boy.

Also, they took a double unit from him and from Larry so he has a lot of blood to replenish.

On the way home in the car, Aaron asked me if I had someone's phone number.
"No, I have his wife's phone number. She is a friend of mine. I don't have his, but we are friends on FaceBook."

This is a status that didn't exist a few years ago, but, nowadays, people seem to know what I mean.

"Do you know him?"
Like I said, they know what I mean, because it is quite possible to have a "friend" , in this way, whom they have never met.

" Yes. I know both of them.
"I know his wife better, though, She is a Bitchy mother just like I am."
Believe me, I meant this as quiet a compliment, since they are the parents of two Deaf kids, and that is how I describe parents who are good advocates for their children .

My son responded, " I didn't hear you."

I am used to this. he is deaf and using hearing aids in the car means you are trying to figure out what someone is saying over the car and road noise.
"I said that she is ..."

"Stop!"

In other words, he is just trying to pretend his mother only uses nice language.

Too bad, he really isn't fooling anyone.


1 comment:

Cassia Margolis said...

Yes, they were short of blood. They have taken double units from Aaron, once before. Summer is hard , as you know. That is when there are the greatest blood shortages. During the school year,a numb roy colleges, etc, will have blood drives. Also, people like to give around Thanksgiving and Xmas, but people need blood all year round.

Well, my poor kids have bee listening to my potty mouth for ...well, since they were babes. I even swear in sign language. Smile. Always good to be multi-lingual.
Ur mom wasn't' as bad about it as I am. She was more...particular in when and where she used her colorful language. Smile.