Sunday, September 16, 2012

Story of the Day 8/16/ 2012 #3





I thought I was down for the evening.

I wasn't.

My husband gives me a bill that came in the mail.
Well, bill is really the wrong term. A bill is something you get that you have to pay.
This was already paid, with our charge card.
It was an invoice. An invoice that was charged to our charge card for products to be sent to Michigan. To a very familiar name and address in Michigan.
This is the same name and address that the other invoice we got, the one from J and M clothing company was for.
The other invoice- invoice being the correct term- was for something we did not order for someone we have need heard of......another instance of our charge card being used by someone else.

Didn't I call and cancel that card?
I did.
I had.

I call the Discover people, again.
I wonder if they are getting as tired of hearing from me as I am getting tired of calling them.

I explain about the fraudulent charge. I ask if they will investigate this person who is getting shipments of clothes and other things from purchases made with our card.
Apparently, they do have a fraud investigation department, but it is NOT the same department to which you report your card being lost or stolen and to whom I have been calling all of these occasions when our Discover card is being "enjoyed" by people we have never head of- like the person in Africa who ordered 21 laptops ( one each from 21 different internet sites).

I am transferred.

I explain to a new woman, in Ohio, about how this is the second invoice we have received indicating that "we" have ordered and paid for goods to be shipped to the same person in Michigan.
I ask if they will investigate if this woman has been using our card.

The young lady on the phone says, "Yes." they will.

We both now know that this woman wears a rather large size and has acne. We know this because of the clothing order, and because the invoice I have just called about is from Proactiv.
She has signed up to receive regular shipments of their product.

I explain to the fraud department lady that there is another fraudulent charge on our card.

After we hang up, I become curious.

I look this woman up on the internet.
She is 46 years old.
Maybe the acne medication is for her teenager.

She lives with someone named Michael.
I do not know if that is her boyfriend or brother or her teenager.

And then I do what any normal American would do after having their charge card used.


I check out her Facebook page.

Michael isn't her boyfriend. She is getting married to someone named Stephen.
She likes Justin Beiber.
She is 46 and she likes him?


She also needs a better profile picture.

I resist the urge to leave message for her saying, " Pay for your own shit!", but I decide that if I am going to do that, I should gets second Facebook account under an alias. something like " God".

I resist the urge to do this, because I figure that she didn't learn morals from her family , and she is 46, so she probably wouldn't learn anymore from the "god" of Facebook.

Also,


I don't' want to be accused of erecting an idol or something.
I wonder if Facebook has laws against that.

Anyhow, she is 46 and she likes Justin Beiber.
I figure there is no hope for her.

No comments: