Friday, December 7, 2012

Story of the day 11/ 13/ 2012



The world has ended.

I have friends who will be getting married this December. On December 21st, in the morning.They chose this date because that is the day that the world ends, according to the Mayans, who didn't actually say that, but whose calendar stops after that date.
But I do not have to wait for December 21st, or for December 22nd.
It has already happened.

I have managed to break my $59 camera.
The camera was actually $69, but they gave me a $10 gift certificate for CVS, when I bought it. Or maybe it was Walgreens.
As you can see, I have tremendous brand loyalty, or store loyalty or something.

The poor little camera served me very well for quite a while.
Aaron got to use it when he was in Israel. That is because he refused to pack the $69 camera I bought for him, the one that did not have the $10 gift certificate; and , then, after he had gotten to Israel, he realized that maybe he did want camera.
I was not going to mail the new one to him, because it couldn'' be insured for loss, so I mailed my older one to him.
That same inexpensive camera has taken lots of strange pictures of beautiful nieces and nephews, not so many of the nephews, not because they were not equally beautiful, but because there were not very many of them- of nephews, that is. Not in comparison to nieces.
And it took pictures of my own slightly odd children.
Then it was dropped one too many times, probably while in my purse or jacket.
I am guilty.

So, now I have find a new camera.

I thought about it for a bit.
Three days.
I decided that I really just wanted another camera just like it.
After all, I was used to it.
And I don't' like change.
As in REALLY don't' like.....
And with that camera I knew what all the buttons did and how to put new batteries in and take the memory card out.
And, it was great price.

Except, it wasn't.
I logged on to Amazon.com which is the mecca of home shoppers everywhere, including Tibet, just in case you wanted to know.
I made that up, but I bet it is true.

So, I logged into Amazon and , gasp, horror of horrors, found out that my nice little camera actually sells for $189.
On sale.

I had one thought:
Ebay!
The same. Same camera, same not so low price.

I then decided to look at similar cameras, more in my price range.
And there weren't any.

So, if you happen to spot me, a week from Friday, at 5:30 in the morning, in a crowd of Black Friday shoppers, it will not be because you had one to many glasses of wine on Thursday, even though I am normally allergic to both "normal" stores and crowds: it will be cause I need a camera, for $59. Or $69.
Preferably witha $10 gift card.

1 comment:

Cassia Margolis said...

It was a Kodak. The going out of existence company.......