Monday, December 3, 2012

Story of the Day 11/ 16/ 2012




My husband has a number of good attributes.
He is sweet.
Last night, he said to me, "You look pretty!"

I was wearing a pair of flannel pajama pants that have a slight tear in one knee. It is only slight. I would sew it , but the fabric is starting to go and I know it won't hold. But I also figure it isn't' quite"gone" and can get a few more wears out of it.
And a pink fuzzy sweatshirt. It is pink which is why I sleep in it.
I decided, years ago, that I am allergic to pastel pink.
I am sometimes amazed I can even like people who are older than 5 and wear that color, but I do.
Because, you see, pastel pink makes me break out in hives.

I once had a pastel pink sweater. I even wore it.
I didn't have a choice. It was a gift from my in-laws.
They didn't know of my aversion for pastel pink.
They also didn't' know my size.
It was a 2XL.
At the time, I weighed 107 lbs.
At any rate, it was a bit...large.
But this was a gift from my in-laws, so I wore it.
Twice.

The reason I wear this pink thing, although only to sleep in and never out in public, is because, although it is pastel pink, it isn't.
Fortunately, someone laundered it in hot water, probably, with something dark.
Now it is more of a mottled dusty rose, which is close enough to a pastel pink that I will not wear it out of the house, but not so close that I cannot sleep in it.

I had even brushed my hair, that morning. Several hours and two changes of clothiers earlier.
At least, I am pretty sure I had brushed my hair.

And my husband said,"You look pretty."

I replied, You need new glasses."

To which my husband ,responded, "Yes, I do."

I am hoping he does not realize that his response cast his first comment into.......
Did I forget to mention that he is also honest?

No comments: