Monday, September 15, 2014

Story of The Day 7/ 30/ 2014






I have taken the girls to Kohl's. We have to buy bed pillows and, as always, see if there are any cool t-shirts.

I should say, I need to buy the bed pillows, and Sarah and Haley came for the t-shirst.

As we walk past a display for some bedding, a mother is chatting with her son who is perhaps 9 or 10, while a younger boy, perhaps 5 or 6 stares at us.
As we walk past, and I am almost close enough to the younger boy to bump him, (not totally my fault, there is a hefty display in the aisle) he whispers to his mother, "They are talking with their hands!"

That did not surprise me , we were - or, at least, the girls were.
And I could see how a youngster might think he should whisper that information,
even if his ability to whisper quietly isn't very well developed, yet.

But his next line, also spoken in a very loud whisper, makes me wonder,
He says, " They can't hear!"

So, kid, why are you whispering?




No comments: