Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Story of the Day 9/ 10/ 2014




You might not realize this, but the bag in the above picture is a bag of squirrel food.

I am not sure what planet my children grew up on...well, perhaps it was simply an omission in their education, but they didn't realize this very obvious fact.

I said to my son, " You see, cat food is for cats,
and dog treats are for dogs.
Since the store didn't' have separately labelled squirrel crackers,
I figured that the squirrels were supposed to be fed the generic 'animal' crackers."

My son thought moment, then agreed.

So did the squirrels.
They, in fact, are wild about the squirrel food and come back over and over, all day long.

Unfortunatley, because this is generic "animal" food, the chipmunks also seem to like it.
These are the same chipmunks that we have spent all summer trying to induce to enter the "catch and release" traps that I have
been generously baiting with birdseed and nuts.
But the chipmunks, apparently, like the squirrel food better.
They scurry around the squirrels, grabbing up the smaller pieces.
And looking at us, through the window.
I could swear that I heard one of them quietly saying , "Nah nah nah nah nah!"

So I've decided to bait the chipmunk catch and release traps with the squirrel food.


No comments: