Friday, October 3, 2008

Story of the Day 10/3/2008

It was a moment of sudden insight.
I reached down to pick up the piece of paper and a sensation went from the left side of my lower back to the right side, and quickly back again.. It didn’t’ hurt- it was a “twang”.
Or, at least, it didn’t’ hurt, yet.

And my brain, moments before the pain stepped in, shouted ,You area fucking old fart!”

Yep, did something to my back that definitely deserves a few 4-letter words.
And I know plenty.
Well, it took a while to hobble down eth steps.

And to the drugs.

A Relafen….my prescription arthritis medicine – which Cindie teases me about , since I refer to it, often, as my “pain medicine” and it is actually just prescription strength Advil.
My hands had been treating me well, recently, and I hadn’t needed my morning dose, so I wasn’t’ really even taking extra- just the missed morning pain pill.

And I kind of made it, hobbling, through the rest of the day.

Oh yes, I did make a rather pathetic phone call to my husband and asked him to bring home a sheet with back exercises on it.
The two I remember from pregnancy were what I was doing, off and on, all day.
All-be-it in limited numbers, since , at the very best moments, they made me wince.

Last evening, I again took a pain pill, and lay down with an extra pillow, for support.
An hour and a lot of wincing later, I went into the kitchen and took a REAL paon pill from the “stash” of ones I have accumulated over various car accidents and root canals. A Tylenol enhanced with coedine.
And I managed to get 3 whole hours of sleep.

Real guilt crept in, this afternoon, however, when I went to check the date on the bottle…..not sure if it was the bottle from the car accident or from the root canal.
Neither, it was from the boxer’s break- Sarah’s broken bone

I took someone else’s drugs!!

I really do feel guilty, now!
I need to hurry and find my own old bottle of drugs, in case I need another one, tonight……

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Obviously, not that old, since you still care about taking someone else's drugs.

Cassia Margolis said...

No matter how old I get, I will still be beset by Jewish guilt......