Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Story of the day 9/23/2008

Sarah invited someone for dinner.

I knew it wasn’t’ one of her fellow students. That is because she is petrified that they will be horrified by the naked people hanging on our walls.
Of course, Joseph doesn’t’ count, since he has lived here and is used to the naked people.

But she didn’t invite him.
She invited a teacher.

This is because he wants to see her brother’s comic book collection.
Well, he also said he wants to see mine, but mine is transportable.
Aaron’s , if Sarah brought it to school, would get her suspended.
Have you seen any graphic novels lately?
One of his favorites has this panel where the woman who was previous raped by this guy has him tied up and has nailed his penis to the floor. Nicely drawn in.

So, the option was to invite him over.

I am not sure what happened next but he made some comment about loving Jewish culture cooking. That doesn’t’ sound right in English, but it actually works in sign language.
Hmmmm, how can I better translate it?
“ Ethnic Jewish cooking.”
So, Sarah invited him.

I stared at her in horror, when I heard this.
Okay, I saw it, since she was signing.
But I definitely started in horror.
I said, “But, Sarah, all I cook is boxed and frozen food!”
”But the rice pilaf is really good!”
Okay, so I will make boxed pilaf.
What frozen item goes really well with that?
Do you think I can pass frozen pizza off as ethnic Jewish cooking?

No comments: