Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Story of teh Day 1/ 9/ 2007 - yes, time went backwards

I had a sobering moment.
I posted the previous Story , and then I realized that the Story it referred to was a pre-Blog Story....yes, from back in the Dark Ages of Man when I still emailed those things out to a group of cringing friends.
Even from 4 states away , I could hear them shudder...okay, feel them shudder, each time they noticed a new one in their inbox.....
Anyhow, this is the Story behind the Story from 5/ 18/ 2009 :

Story of the Day 1/9/07

Yesterday, Sarah came home from school and wanted a snack. I have rules about what you can have for snacks and that the kids have to fix it and clean up after themselves (occasionally I make a treat like muffins, but this is regular routine.)Sarah had gotten home late , because there are a couple of new kids on the bus- so she was very hungry. She asked me if she could make herself some noodles. I said , okay.
Esther comes to talk to me , aghast, 5 mins later. Sarah has washed the dishes in the sink (not even just rinsed them off and set them in the dishwasher) and has scrubbed out the sink with cleanser and rinsed it. Esther asked her why she was doing that, and Sarah told her because she wanted to cook noodles.
Well, the first time I taught her to cook noodles, it was on a Friday. Unless I am working late on Friday, that is my house cleaning day- so, I did that before I showed her how to put water in the pot, boil it, etc. Somehow, she thought that was part of making noodles. (We have two sinks, everyone else just uses the other sink to drain the noodles- but I was just finishing that chore before showing her.)
Anyhow, now I have a nice shiny sink, and it isn't even Friday!

No comments: