Thursday, December 24, 2009

Story of the Day 12/11/2009

I called Larry from work. I had a strange but important piece of non-sense to tell him.
And he had something to share with me. Something new at work. But the only work I could clearly make out was “skeletal”. Of course, I never hear well on my cell phone. It has some odd thing to do with hearing aids. But, at least, I try.
I told him I couldn’t’ hear him or , at least, I couldn’t’ decipher whatever it was he was trying to tell me, and to tell me when we both get home.
He said, “I can’t hear you either, it sounds like you are standing in Grand Central Station.”
A moment of silence. On my end.
“Oh, I am standing near the donuts.” Which is, truthfully, a bit like being at Grand Central Station.
Although, there are slightly fewer pickpockets.

No comments: