Sunday, December 27, 2009

Story of The Day 12/20/2009

My son asked me if he could buy a bong.

My response was , “okay? Do you know where to buy them?” And I recommended a shop in Broad Ripple that has very lovely ones.
This totally appalled my eldest daughter. Esther wasn’t’ appalled that I knew where to buy one, she was appalled that her brother would ask my permission.
“Aaron, you are 19!”
He is? Yeah, he just had his birthday.
I thought about it some more, and then I decided to tell Aaron that he shouldn’t buy the bong.
I mean, his friends at college would ask to use it.
He admitted as much.
And it would end up having , at the very least, traces of illegal substances in it.
He admitted this was likely.
And he could be arrested for that.
“Oh.” So, Aaron who had really just wanted to own the bong for the “prestige” of owning a bong, has decided he will pass on this opportunity.
But Esther is still peeved.

However, it reminds me of the story about a friend of hers, who threw a sex party.
Esther was invited.
She threw a dinner party, so she had an excuse not to go.
No, they don’t
Have sex at sex parties.

I actually know this because a friend of mines mother threw one, and she described it to me in a bit of detail.

They sell sex “toys”. All sorts of things you have heard of and some you haven’t.
Unless you have been to one of those parties.
My friend described a couple of things that none of the rest of us at coffee had ever heard of. Or at least would admit to having heard of.

Anyhow, my daughter’s friend threw the party for a good reason.
It was to raise money for leukemia. Research .
It was one of several fund raisers she held, during the year.
But it created its own unique set of problems.
Like her driving.
She had to drive very carefully and very slowly.
After picking up the ordered items from the supplier.
She didn’t’ want to get stopped by a traffic cop and have to explain why she had $150 worth of vibrators on her front passenger seat.

But it was all in the name of charity.

No comments: