Thursday, December 24, 2009

Story of the Day 12/13/2009

It is not that I am becoming more religious, G-d forbid.
But this is my second story in a very short while to be about God.
It is not that God is ever absent from services at our synagogue She isn’t. It is just that she rarely gives me anything to write about in a story.
But, this Shabbat, there was a bit of a tussle in one of the back pews.
Of course, God sits in one of the front pews.
So do I, although, I do it to be able to see the interpreter.
Well, in order for Sarah to be able to see the interpreter. Not because I am especially deserving of sitting in one of the front pews. Yes, I know that you already knew that.
Anyhow, there was a bit of a todo, and she looked back and there was some sort of argument about which relatives should be standing to say Mourner’s Kaddish. The widow? Of course. The daughter? Yes, but not the granddaughter?
And God said, “If she wants to stand, let her stand.”
You should be impressed, I both did not fall our of my seat, nor did I forget to breathe.

No comments: