Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Story of the Day 8/16/2011 #2


(another out of sequence story...apologies!)


What was I saying?
About the dearth of stories?

So, there I was innocently sitting in Herron and drawing a naked person, and my telephone starts vibrating.
And I have 4 new text messages, all from Sarah.
She has turned red and orange, and her skin is burning and can I immediately leave drawing and drive home? Only, not too quickly, because she doesn’t want me to crash.
3 Benadryl, 1 Advil and a lot of hydrocortisone later, it is 11:22 PM and I am typing this up and wondering if she will still be creatively colored for her first day back to school, tomorrow……

I can see her filing out the first form of the day in homeroom:

Name Sarah L. Margolis- Greenb ( the rest won’t fit)
Age: 17
Race: red and orange

Okay, that isn’t’ an option under race. And, I actually have already filled out the forms. For race I checked “ other” and wrote in “ human”.
And I worry about people who claim to belong to a different one.

No comments: