Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Story of the Day 8/16/2011



There have been no stories.

I was warned about this.

Saturday, in synagogue- and no, we were not talking during the services (although, we do an awful lot of that), this was after services while we were eating lunch, Susan said to me “What are you going to do, you won’t have any stories?”

You see, as of last week, the incredibly lousy interpreter is gone and instead of my daughter’s school just hiring another lousy interpreter, or even a slew of them, one after another, day after day, a miracle has occurred, and they hired a good interpreter.
Not only is she good, she is normal. I mean, she is moral and ethical and professional, and she even knows the correct sign for triangle.

If you don’t know what I am talking about, one of the really wonderful (not) interpreters, during math class, spent the entire lecture explaining to my daughter how to measure the surface area of triangles and right triangles and…. except, instead of using the correct sign for triangle, she kept signing “vagina”.

But since this new interpreter actually has a normal vocabulary, and ethics, and she can even understand my daughter, and she has ethics, did I forget to mention that she has ethics? I mean the good kind? I may be suffering from a dearth of stories.

Of course, as I said to Harriet, one of my other children will probably rise to the occasion and fill in the empty spaces…unfortunately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace at last!?! Can it be??? Liz

Cassia Margolis said...

Well, u know that nature abhors a vacuum....so , somehow, I ended up with THREE stories, yesterday. (They are out waiting for corrections and permission.)But the terp is good- it isn't the terp!