Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Story of the Day 9/26/2011





I was reading the newspaper.
Not the comics, I hadn’t gotten that far. I was on page 3 of the front section, and Aaron was standing over me, which is easy to do, even if we are both standing, since he is 10 inches taller than I am.
But in this case I was sitting, so he was looming. Looming over me. And reading something out loud. And I am doing my best to ignore him so that I can finish reading my article.
Then he asks me to cut it out for him.
What?

“I want you to cut it out for me, so I can save it. Because it is good for my self esteem!”

The ad says, “ You may think that hearing aids are still clunky, embarrassing objects that shout to the world, ‘Hey everybody! Something’s wrong with me!’”

And this is displayed in rather large letters, since the ad takes up more than half the page.

I look at my deaf son, and think, “ That isn’t what is wrong with you.”
But I didn’t’ say it.
After all, he wants this for self-esteem purposes.

1 comment:

ely said...

LOL

see, i'm reading the blog.

reading it.