Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Story of the Day 2/ 23/ 2009

Stacie told me that she used to want to have a daughter to take shopping.

Stacie has , instead, a wealth of boys. Five, to be exact. If you don’t’ count the cat.
But, now that her friends have daughters who are teenagers, she is Thanking G-d that she doesn’t.
She told me that Jennifer called her, the other day.
Jennifer has 3 daughters. And they are ALL teenagers.


She was calling from Kohl’s. They had been in Kohl’s for 2 hours. And they were buying ONE blouse.

I told Stacie that my problem with Sarah was a bit different.
A trip to the store with Sarah , to buy skirt, takes 5 minutes.
That is how long it takes to quickly walk down the aisles , not try on anything, not even touch anything, and say ,”Nothing here.”
Multiply that experience by a few stores.


We haven’t been able to buy her a skirt in 6 months of looking.

And shoes? If there is a show she thinks she might be interested in, but there are people on the aisle, we have to wait around the corner, and hope they leave, quickly.
If they stay, we leave.


Back to skirts.
Last week, I mentioned how impossible it had been to even find a skirt that Sarah would look at. The ones we were seeing were all short or polyester, or…..and Sarah is the long Indian cotton type.
And Stacie said, “They have those at Sam’s Club.”
“They do?”
Of course, it also can’t be yellow, or pink, or white, or……
But Stacie said she would look.


Sunday, I got a call from Stacie.
“They have fuchsia and white and brown.”

“Get a brown one!”

And Stacie delivered it last night.
I love her.
Larry loves her.
Maybe I should go over and clean her kitchen for her……


Stacie has emailed me:
ok, the kitchen would be good but the bathroom would be better!

No comments: