Monday, November 30, 2009

Story of the Day 11/28/2009

Aaron has been invited to a meeting at a fraternity.
He is a bit confused. He wasn’t’ invited to “rush” for it. But ever since them, they have been inviting him to all sorts of events.
He likes the guys he has met through it. A lot. But was hesitant about them becoming is “exclusive” friends, which is what it seemed like as he visited the different frats.
But he does like the guys at this frat and is thinking about attending the meeting.

“Can I wear a polo shirt?”
Turns out the attire for the meeting is business attire.
“No, Aaron, you can’t.”
“So that means a button up shirt. Do I have to wear a tie?”
“Yes, but it can be colorful.”
“Oh, this might be a relationship killer. You know some of these fraternities have Classy Monday. I don’t’ think I could handle getting dressed up every week.”

My husband replies, “Yea, if you wanted to do that you could have just gone to yeshiva.”

1 comment:

Lynne said...

@Larry - LMAO! At least the frats probably allow colored shirts & ties.
"Classy Monday????" Sure never happened at any of the Penn frats. They never even had an annual "Act like a civilized human being day." But I have to agree with Aaron - I don't make friends with people who wear business attire in their free time.