Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Story of the Day 11/20/2009

I went to the Jewish Day school, today, to pick up my friend’s children, two little kids who attend the preschool program.
While the older one, a little girl, was getting her coat on, one of the classroom teachers asked me, “Are you the person who interprets for the Margolis children?”

I was momentarily taken aback. First of all, I is hard for even me to think of Aaron and Sarah as children, not since they hit 6’2” and 5’10” respectively, and , second of all, I do not usually consider myself to be a professional who works for them, but I decided not to quibble over the first point.
“No, I am the Margolis children’s mother.”
This produced what could best be described as a pregnant silence, even though the teacher appeared to be a bit past childbearing age.

“Oh, that is what I meant.”
I didn’t’ bother responding to that one.

No comments: