Saturday, March 20, 2010

Story of the Day 3 / 8/ 2010

Aaron is home. He came home with a very large bag of dirty laundry.
And with an announcement.
Friday evening, he announced that he has throat cancer.
My concern lasted about 24 seconds, until it occurred to me that this is my very same son who drinks 4 POTS of green tea a day because he is afraid of developing Alzheimer’s, and eats only high fiber bread, to stave off colon cancer, and….
“How do you know?”
“My throat hurts.”
This information takes a mite longer to absorb. Maybe even 51 seconds.
“Have you been taking any anti-histamines?”
Blank look.
“You know, like Benadryl.”
“Oh, no.”
“Well, “ says his highly unsympathetic mother, “ I am going to give you some now, and I want you to take Claritin ( a different anti-histamine), tomorrow morning."
Amazingly, he has now decided that he does not have throat cancer, and if I am lucky, he will allow me to send him back to college with a couple of bottles of drugs…..the same kinds I packed for him in August, when he went off to college.

No comments: